Along with the G36 upgrades we have also made an upgrade kit for the HK417. With the Spuhr upgrade kit the HK417 is lighter and more user friendly. The project goals were to lower the weight, add a new forend, and of course add the capability to use standard magazines.
Spuhr HK 417 lower – receiver
Our new HK417 lower has a number of features that provide an advantage on the battlefield. The lower comes in two versions; semi and full auto.
1. Uses standard magazines. With the more compact magazines there is a greater selection of accessories such as magpouches available.
2. Low-profile protected magazine catch. Lessens the risk of accidently dropping the magazine without sacrificing ease of access.
3. Ambidextrous magazine catch. Same low-profile design on both sides.
4. Non-rotating hammer and trigger pins. Prevents elongation of pin holes from rotating pins.
5. Built-in QD sling swivel cups. Allows the use of other sling systems than the original ”cheese cutter” style.
6.Reinforced receiver. The rear of the receiver has been reinforced for greater stability.
7. Built-in Spuhr interfaces. Both sides of the receiver has been fitted with Spuhr interfaces for future use. Maybe for a brass catcher, cosine indicator, a holder for extra magazine or whatever.
We have made different length forends that are lighter than the original; 25-33%; depending on length. Our forends are slimmer and the Picatinny sides have been replaced with Spuh interfaces – which unlike Picatinny actually have a negative weight.